Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Plymouth, MA 02361
Date Acquired : 11/1/2019 9:54:41 PM
Date Updated : 11/18/2019 10:20:25 PM
Our Substance Use Disorder Coordinator leads a team of Counselors and provides treatment to patients with substance use disorders using empirically supported approaches (i.e., based on social learning, cognitive behavioral models, etc.) and employing methodologies that have been proven effective on the basis of random controlled trials and/or meta-analysis.
+ Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in a human services related field
+ Experience in a correctional environment desired.
+ Licensed and/or certified in chemical dependency, substance abuse, etc., as required in Massachusetts. Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC), Counselor Intern (CI), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and/or Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) in the Massachusetts required.
+ Related certification may be applicable based on specific state requirements.
1. Develops and conducts integrated substance use disorder and mental illness group and individual counseling services for identified patients to includeassistance and education on relapse prevention; general substance use disorder education; aftercare and discharge planning; family reunification; interpersonal skills training; health and wellness; recovery planning; and 12-step programming.
2. Assesses and evaluates patients to determine immediate needs and services, along with the level of care needed.
3. Completes and maintains necessary documentation in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner.
4. Evaluates substance use disorder counseling and education classes.
5. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
6. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
7. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
8. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _MA, Plymouth_
**Facility** _MASAC at Plymouth, MA DOC_
**Shift** _Day 8 hour_
**Recruiter** _Robin Altmann_