Norfolk, MA 02056
Date Acquired : 10/31/2019 12:14:44 AM
Date Updated : 11/18/2019 10:20:18 PM
Our Dental Assistant provides required documentation of services to the Dentist or designee in order to monitor the provision of dental services. This includes maintaining dental charts, keeping records of dental findings, and scheduling patients for dental appointments.
+ High school diploma or G.E.D.
+ Previous experience as a Dental Assistant
+ Current CPR Certification
1. Utilizes standard precautions during all dental encounters where applicable
2. Provides chair-side assistance by maintaining clear field of operation, passing instruments, suctioning, etc. as needed
3. Sterilizes instruments utilized in the dental office
4. Mixes restorative materials as required
5. Assists in performing of intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays
6. Develops and mounts x-ray films as needed
7. Performs intra-oral tasks with dentist supervision
8. Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit(s) according to specifications
9. Notifies H.S.A if equipment is not in appropriate working order
10. Inventories supplies and equipment maintaining adequate levels as indicated
11. Orders supplies and equipment
12. Ensures that sufficient number of trays is set up for the days patients; pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam, and perio/scaling
13. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic through careful sanitation practices
14. Completes daily instrument count sheet maintaining security control of all instruments within the dental office
15. If daily instruments count is incorrect, they complete reports to Security and H.S.A
16. Performs dental screenings as directed
17. Completes weekly: Cleans developer, cleans autoclave, prepares weekly report
18. Completes monthly: Cleans x-ray unit and film processor, submits monthly statistics report to H.S.A.
19. Must obtain and maintain security clearance
20. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
21. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
22. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
23. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
24. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
25. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _MA, Norfolk_
**Facility** _MCI Norfolk, MA DOC_
**Shift** _Day 8 hour_
**Recruiter** _Robin Altmann_