Plymouth, MA 02361
Date Acquired : 10/22/2019 10:25:33 PM
Date Updated : 11/18/2019 10:20:26 PM
Our Activity Therapist provides individual and group activities that facilitate recovery.
+ Associate or bachelors degree in activity therapy, therapeutic recreation, or related field.
+ Experience providing services to a mentally ill population preferred.
+ None required.
1. Provides a program of activities for patients to include, but not limited to the following:
2. Skills Groups: Individual or group activities that promote the development of skills, promote the ability to interact in a group setting, and provide the patient with self-esteem through a sense of accomplishment.
3. Socialization Groups: Opportunity to participate in group recreational activities to promote social skill.
4. Community Meeting: To encourage patient participation and active involvement in group problem solving.
5. Education/Recreational groups (e.g., "Life Skills", "Current Events", Crafts): Engagement in unstructured recreational activities (e.g., board games). Engagement of patient in conversation to promote interpersonal communication. Opportunity for individual and group physical exercise activities.
6. Monitors and documents patients involvement in activities to include program involvement, condition, and need for individual activities for patients unable to cope with the group activities.
7. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
8. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
9. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
10. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _MA, Plymouth_
**Facility** _MASAC at Plymouth, MA DOC_
**Shift** _Day 8 hour_
**Recruiter** _Jacquelynne Mullins_