Health Services Administrator
Lawrenceville, GA 30049
Date Acquired : 11/8/2019 10:25:54 PM
Date Updated : 11/18/2019 10:20:20 PM
Our Health Services Administrator (HSA) is a professional administrator who manages and evaluates the Health Care Delivery Program in accordance with State and Local Regulations; ensures medical, dental, and mental health program activities are based upon goals, objectives, aims, and policies and procedures of The Company and the facility; and are compliant with ACA, NCCHC and State accreditation standards.
**Education for Health Services Administrator:**
+ Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, or health related field preferred
**Experience for Health Services Administrator:**
+ Three (3) or more years administrative, management and supervisory experience
+ Delivery and administration of correctional medical, dental, and mental health care recommended
+ Organizational experience in operations and planning required
+ Sound decision-making skills required
+ Experience in managing budgets and analyzing contracts preferred
**Licenses/Certifications for Health Services Administrator:**
+ Current CPR Certification
1. Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and programs.
2. Evaluate financial and statistical data, program needs and problems, and makes recommendations for improvements.
3. Develop, utilize, revise, interpret, and ensure compliance with The Company and facility policies and procedures.
4. Monitor subcontracted services to include pharmacy, lab, x-ray, and specialty providers.
5. Maintain communication and a good working relationship with facility administration, The Company employees, correctional personnel, contracted providers, and outside agencies.
6. Evaluate and recommend methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
7. Oversee recruitment, orientation, and performance evaluations of employees.
8. Provide regular staff meetings and ensure effective communication with all staff on all shifts.
9. Assume responsibility for planning, providing, and monitoring staff orientation and participation in education and staff development programs.
10. Assist in recruitment of contracted professional providers (physicians, dentists, psychologists, etc.).
11. Ensure appropriate licensure, credentialing, and insurance coverage on all medical personnel, i.e. - physicians, nurses, dentists, psychologists and social workers.
12. Oversee services rendered by contractors and professional staff.
13. Ensure reports are submitted as required in a timely and accurate manner.
14. Audit weekly logs and accounts payable forms, forwards them to the The Company home office as required.
15. Screen all requests for records and approve/disapprove responses as appropriate.
16. Maintain confidentiality and security of health records and medical information.
17. Review status of patients with serious health problems ensuring all necessary intervention and treatment is completed.
18. Monitor in-patient hospitalizations closely with utilization management to ensure early release whenever possible.
19. Audit referrals to outside consultants.
20. Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses and explores utilizing all appropriate means of limiting both The Company and contractor's liabilities.
21. Monitor pharmacy use to ensure adherence to formulary.
22. Oversee the utilization of special housing, infirmary beds, and outside inpatient and outpatient services for appropriateness and quality of services provided.
23. Maintain an awareness of overall concepts of managed care and make administrative judgments to ensure care provided is compatible with these concepts.
24. Function as a liaison between other professional organizations.
25. Ensure, where available, NCCHC accreditation of the medical program by ensuring the presence of the required level or organizational efficiency and the provision of approved and appropriate medical services.
26. Accept on-call status.
27. Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences.
28. May be asked to travel overnight for two to four days.
29. May be asked, but not required, to relocate temporarily or permanently as needs require.
30. Promote Quality Improvement standards by actively participating in the quality of care screen audits.
31. Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract.
32. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
33. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
34. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
35. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
36. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
37. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _GA, Lawrenceville_
**Facility** _Gwinnett - Comprehensive Correctional Complex_
**Shift** _Day 8 hour_
**Recruiter** _Nicolet Bryson_