Director of Nursing, Full Time, Day
Nicholls, GA 31554
Date Acquired : 11/3/2019 10:16:44 PM
Date Updated : 11/18/2019 10:20:13 PM
Our Director of Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse with experience in the practice of nursing and possessing advanced studies and expertise in administration of Nursing Services. Has the authority, responsibility and accountability for structuring, comprehensive planning, and implementing the Nursing Service Program.
**Education for Director of Nursing:**
+ Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
**Experience for Director of Nursing:**
+ Two (2) years of supervisory experience in an acute setting recommended
+ Emergency Room, Communicable Disease, with Medical and Surgical experience preferred
+ Ability to work under pressure
**Licenses/Certifications for Director of Nursing:**
+ Current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the State
+ Current CPR certification
1. Participates in planning, priority setting and the development of policies and procedures for health care activities that comply with facility and contractual requirements and ACA, NCCHC and State standards.
2. Coordinates and monitors orientation, in-service training, and continuing education with the H.S.A.
3. Coordinates the development, provision, and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of nursing practice in the state in which the facility is located.
4. Conducts recruitment/retention efforts for nursing service.
5. Prepares/submits reports as requested for Health Services Administrator (H.S.A.) in a timely manner.
6. Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
7. Conducts regular monthly meetings with nursing staff.
8. Is a member of the Quality Improvement and Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee and attends monthly meetings, assuring all QI screens and monthly reports are submitted timely.
9. Is a member of the Quarterly Infection Disease Control Committee and assures meeting minutes and all pertinent reports are completed/submitted as needed.
10. Manages on-call for nursing emergencies and nursing staff; finds/provides relief as designated in conjunction with H.S.A.
11. Develops and maintains staffing schedule for Nursing in accordance with contract terms, budget mandates, and accreditation standards for nursing coverage.
12. Responsible for approving changes in nursing staff schedules and granting requests for time off duty.
13. Ensures the practice of nursing is consistent with current standards and is responsible for level of care.
14. Serves as representative for and/or liaison between nursing services and other health care providers as well as H.S.A. and coordinates patient care with other departments.
15. Remains visible and is responsive to all medical disciplines.
16. Supports and participates in evaluation designed to improve work conditions and patient care. Evaluates employees' performance and maintains accurate records for annual and provisional evaluations, as well as any others needed.
17. Participates and maintains good relationship with community organizations.
18. Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all shifts.
19. Reports all communicable diseases to the local/state health authorities.
20. Reviews all discrepancies in sharps and tool counts, and investigates, reconciles and forwards written findings to H.S.A. and facility security staff.
21. Reviews all medication errors and forwards written findings to the H.S.A.
22. Maintains constant contact with clinical medical services and reviews all situations of risk management potential; completes and forwards all Risk Management reports in timely fashion while providing notification to H.S.A.
23. Assesses established policies and procedures with re-review as needed
24. Submits weekly and monthly reports of audits for Quality Improvement which may include Out-patient Services; Medication Utilization; Emergency Room & Ambulance Transport Utilization; Report of patient Injuries; Report of Acute Illness Process that resulted in Hospitalization and/or Death; and Infection Control Issues including all newly diagnosed cases of Hepatitis, HIV, and TB.
25. Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract.
26. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
27. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
28. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
29. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
30. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
31. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _GA, Nicholls_
**Facility** _Coffee Correctional Facility_
**Shift** _Day 8 hour_
**Recruiter** _Veronica Lanier_