Electronic Components Engineer
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Date Acquired : 4/19/2019 8:00:04 PM
Date Updated : 8/15/2019 7:48:17 PM
**Description:** The coolest jobs on this planet or any other are with Lockheed Martin .
At the dawn of a new age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a new Staff Component Engineer at Lockheed Martin, youll have an opportunity to create a better world every day and contribute to the critical defense of our country! This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment. From guiding Parts selection from design creation to final delivery to assuring effective in-house designs and helping to manage Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical EEE component selection in subcontracts, our Component Engineers routinely work on a broad range of projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, youll use your education and experience to tackle formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
This position is for a Staff EEE Component Engineer. The successful candidate will understand electronic piece part construction and failure modes for active and passive devices.
- Working with Design Engineering, Program Management, Product Cert Board, and the Customer to review and approve EEE Component specifications for internal and subcontractor designs
- Review EEE component data packages to ensure compliance with the Program PMP Control Plan
- Oversight of subcontractor EEE parts, generating/reviewing/approving Non-Standard Part Approval Requests (NSPARs) at Parts, Materials and Process Control Board (PMPCB) meetings, creating/maintaining a Program-Level Approved As-Designed Parts List (ADPMPL)
- Reviewing and approving engineering drawings, participating/leading EEE parts issue resolutions
- Assisting/leading failure analysis under the EEE parts domain.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martins competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
- Proven experience with EEE Component requirements and/or operation of EEE devices such as resistors, capacitors, magnetics, relays, semiconductors, ICs, and complex electronic devices.
- You will have experience evaluating high reliability NASA or military specification components for use in Aerospace / Military Missile and Satellite applications.
- Able to collaborate as part of a geographically diverse team to resolve issues.
- You're a motivated, self-starter who exercises latitude in independently developing solutions to issues.
- Good writing, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, handle shifting priorities and timeline pressure to meet program deadlines.
- U.S. Citizen with a ability to obtain a security clearance
Knowledge of design, manufacturing, materials and processes for EEE Components.
Demonstrated experience in testing and failure analysis of electrical components.
Demonstrated experience in electronics manufacturing or quality engineering is a plus.
Experience in a project leadership or team lead role.
Able to work in a self-directed environment with minimum supervision.
Experienced communicating with internal and external customers on a regular basis.
Experience acting as the organizational spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
Experience with the application and use of high reliability EEE Components in a Missile environment.
Ability to resolve complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, material science, physics or a related discipline.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. Theyre dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martins vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.