Clinical Risk Manager (Full Time)
Charleston, WV 25327
Date Acquired : 7/9/2019 12:55:04 AM
Date Updated : 9/11/2019 12:54:46 AM
The incumbent will report directly to Director of Clinical Risk Management, with dotted line to Center Executive Director. He/she will work closely with the Center management and staff, clinical leadership, and numerous departments to effectively communicate with family members/responsible parties/authorized representatives and patients regarding care planning, change in patient condition and overall residency experience. The incumbent will also oversee additional risk related issues including falls, patients with high risk conditions, and documentation improvement projects.
1. Develop and implement a strategic plan for communicating with patients/family members/responsible parties/authorized representatives regarding care planning, change in patient condition and residency in conjunction with the daily operations of service locations.
2. Manage/work in partnership with existing manager of the Grievance Process within the center.
3. Work with Center staff in resolving patients'/family members'/responsible parties'/authorized representatives' concerns. If unable to resolve, report to Center Executive Director, Center Nurse Executive and/or Director of Clinical Risk Management.
4. Ensure that family members/responsible parties/authorized representatives receive a timely phone call following the admission of the patient/resident and are provided an update of how the patient/resident is settling into our Center, inform the family member of the results of risk assessments, and center measures to reduce risk. If the patient/resident is his/her own responsible party, ensure that these communications occur directly with the patient/resident.
5. Place customer service first and ensure that patients/family members/responsible parties/authorized representatives receive quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere recognizing the individuals' needs and rights as primary.
6. Respond to crisis situations and adverse events, provide consultation and direction when complex clinical situations arise.
7. Develop and conduct education and training programs to increase awareness of and attention to effective communication regarding patients' and family members'/responsible parties'/authorized representatives' expectations.
8. Develop and conduct education and training programs to promote compliance with fall care standards, skin integrity programs, and timely documentation.
9. Serve as and/or support the center's "Fall Champion" and "Skin Integrity Champion" and participate in programs for quality assurance and performance improvement.
10. Routinely survey patients/family members/responsible parties/authorized representatives to ensure they are satisfied with the care and services provided. Utilize the results for quality improvement.
11. Promote transparent communication with families, patients, responsible parties, and other legal representatives.
12. Serve as the disclosure/apology coach regarding identified errors after the events have been thoroughly investigated. Inform Director of Clinical Risk Management of events that require apology and disclosures.
13. Serve as a member of the Center management team and contribute to committees within the Center, e.g., QAPI, Customer at Risk, , etc.
14. Provide risk mitigation support to other centers as directed by Director of Clinical Risk Management.
15. Travel to other centers as designated by the Director of Clinical Risk Management
16. Provide stationary resources to designated centers as determined by the Director of Clinical Risk Management
17. Maintain clinical competency and qualifications of a registered nurse practicing in a skilled care facility, including but not limited to an active American Heart Association CPR card.
18. Other functions as assigned by the Director of Risk Management
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. RN required, BSN strongly preferred 2. Clinical experience preferred, clinical experience in nursing home strongly preferred 3. Discharge Planning, strongly preferred 4. Knowledge and experience with clinical charting (computerized and paper), incident reporting and investigation response 5. Strong knowledge base of acceptable standards of care in nursing profession and best practices 6. Knowledge of nursing home regulations and survey process 7. Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Database Management, PowerPoint skills required
**Position Type:** Full Time
**Req ID:** 312894
**Center Name:** Genesis HealthCare
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, Genesis) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.