Location: Liverpool, NY Department: Transportation Reports To: Operations Management Trainee
Your Role: To function as a yard spotter for the NY Warehouse: Spot trailers in the lot or at a dock door in an efficient safe manner; inspect spotter truck and trailers for maintenance and cleaning. Check reefer units. Fuels / tops off reefer trailer fuel tank. Wash out trailers when needed. Other duties as required.
- Moving trailers between pads, doors, & buildings on a timely basis. Ensures dock door is closed, and dock plate is retracted when docking or pulling trailers away from dock.
- Sliding tandems to meet state bridge laws.
- Weighing outbound and finished trailers accurately.
- Getting trailer reloaded when trailer is overweight. (check with Warehouse clerk)
- Checking trailers. Ensure all trailers are secure (locked) in yard. (Dot and 3rd party )
- Inspects trailer registration, inspection, and other documentation. Inspect trailer suspension, sliding tandem rails and all pins out, frame and cross-members for structural integrity, brakes and lights.
- Inspecting spotter tractors, basic maintenance and fueling (fill out inspection sheet daily)
- Inspecting fuel truck, basic maintenance and fueling (fill out inspection sheet daily)
- Checking refrigerator unit operation.
- Performing yard, trailer & dock check.
- Completing a yard tracking sheet to be turned after each shift
- Performing basic communications, radio and personal.
- Trailer washouts when needed.
- Problem identification and solution.
- Various projects.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Wage Range: $14.11-$21.16 starting pay
- $18.00 per hour with Experience
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.