2018-3920# of Openings
2018-06-04Area of Interest
11:30 PM - 7:30 PMOverviewCooks
: join our growing company and enjoy increased salaries, benefits, refurbished facilities! It is time to love your job!
We've been dedicated to caring for your loved ones for 33 years, let us provide that same commitment to the growth in your career. We are undergoing current construction to update our facility including investing in new state of the art equipment and new dietary meal tracker systems!
Elderwood at Liverpool (formerly Birchwood) is searching for a skilled & motivated full time Cook to assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing dietary support. Meal times are highlights of daily life, and excellent nutrition and appetite appeal are central to the well-being of residents and patients. Our chefs, wait staff and kitchen staff prepare and serve delicious, wholesome menus.
This is a full time benefit eligible position. The Dietary Cook will be scheduled 11:30 AM - 7:30 PM and will work an every other weekend rotation. Perks of the Job:
- Top Notch Medical, Dental and vision benefits
- Generous time off package including vacation, holiday and sick
- 401K Retirement plan with Company match
- Enjoy a strong work life balance with a steady evening shift hours & schedule
- Monthly employee appreciation events
- Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse dietary team
- Our beautiful Liverpool facility is only 10 minutes from Syracuse
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more.
Apply Today!ResponsibilitiesCook Duties:
- Adheres to state regulations, current best practices, policies, and procedures for food preparation and meal service.
- Review menus and production sheets to determine food quantities needed for regular, mechanically altered and other special diet needs.
- Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
- Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
- Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the preparation, cooking and production line stages of food production.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the general kitchen work area.
- Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and served at correct temperature.
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of foodstuffs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal regulations of the State Department of Health code and rules and regulations regarding meal service in the post-acute care setting.
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food preparation experience required.
- Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities required.
- Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient level of performance required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and production process necessary.
- Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health status suitable for service of food required.
- Respect for residents' privacy and rights; respectful and dignified treatment of residents required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.Apply Here
Starting with one skilled nursing facility in 1978, we now have 10 locations offering skilled nursing, five providing assisted living, and two unique independent living communities in Western and Central New York. Some Elderwood locations offer comprehensive rehabilitation and specialty subacute programs including cardiac rehabilitation, respiratory care and pulmonary rehabilitation.