Substance Abuse Counselor
Charleston, ME 04422
Date Acquired : 10/5/2019 6:29:26 AM
Date Updated : 11/18/2019 10:20:30 PM
OUr Behavioral Health Professionals provide addiction counseling services to individuals diagnosed with an addictive disorder. Addiction counseling may include limited assessment of addiction related issues, and individual and group counseling. Responsible for administering any defined treatment program provided by The Company and is also responsible to assist in assessment coordination, planning, implementing and facilitating addiction programming at the facility. Works cooperatively with the clients primary therapist to develop treatment plan goals related to addiction counseling, and provides timely feedback to the primary therapist regarding any mental health issues that may be impacting the clients ability to progress in addiction counseling.
+ Degreed, certified, or experienced in the substance abuse field.
+ Relevant experience in provision of addiction counseling services
+ License in an addiction counseling specialty (Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor, Licensed Drug & Alcohol Counselor) or certified as a Counselor in Training under supervision or Social Work, Counseling, Psychology) or license in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology.
+ Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
1. Under the direction of the site Behavioral Health Director, Behavioral Health Coordinator or Treatment Coordinator, coordinates, plans, implements, and facilitates addiction counseling programs for clients.
2. Provides initial needs assessment as well as individual and group counseling sessions related to addiction treatment needs.
3. Receives referrals from other Behavioral Health Professionals for clients who are in need of substance abuse counseling in addition to mental health treatment.
4. Maintains database of all clients currently enrolled in addiction counseling to track current status in phases of addiction counseling program.
5. Updates BH Director, BH Coordinator or Treatment Coordinator on at least a monthly basis regarding the number of clients enrolled in each phase of treatment, the number of clients waiting to begin treatment, and the number of clients who have completed the addiction counseling program in the past month.
6. In coordination with the BH Coordinator or Treatment Coordinator, attends any required training related to the addiction counseling program.
7. Coordinates with other behavioral health professionals on treatment plan development related to addiction counseling goals.
8. Notifies clients primary behavioral health professional of any mental health concerns that may be interfering with progress in addiction counseling sessions
9. Coordinates with other behavioral health professionals on completion of relevant sections of treatment/progress summaries concerning progress in addiction counseling programing
10. Assists as requested by the Behavioral Health Director in formulation of policies for addiction counseling services to include utilization and evaluation of services
11. Completes clinical documentation in a timely manner, utilizing approved documentation format and following timelines specified by The Company
12. Communicates any clinical or administrative concerns to the site BH Director, BH Coordinator, or Treatment Coordinator in a timely manner. Participates in site meetings and/or clinical team meetings at the direction of the Behavioral Health Director on an as needed basis
13. Maintains a positive working relationship with key facility staff, in coordination with the Behavioral Health Supervisors.
14. Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with clients during individual and group sessions
15. Assists with the analysis, collection of data for Performance Improvement as directed by the Behavioral Health Director or Health Services Administrator
16. Communicates information to other nursing staff, physician, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff as necessary
17. Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients
18. Attends mandatory staff meetings by supervisor
19. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide addiction counseling services to clients housed at the facility
20. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
21. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
22. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
23. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
24. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
25. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
26. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _ME, Charleston_
**Facility** _Mountain View Correctional Facility_
**Shift** _Day 8 hour_
**Recruiter** _Nathan Suhaysik_