Medication Aide, Certified
Charleston, ME 04422
Date Acquired : 10/10/2019 11:08:59 PM
Date Updated : 11/18/2019 10:20:22 PM
Our Certified Medication Aide, under close supervision, assists in performing routine duties to include medication administration, inventory control and storage of pharmaceutical items.
+ High School graduate or equivalent
+ Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Aide Course
+ One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred
+ Certified as a Medication Aide in the state within which services are provided
+ Must have current CPR Certification
1. Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the administration and documentation of medication.
2. Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic medications.
3. Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all safety principles.
4. Documenting administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
5. Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the reason for not being administered.
6. Adhering to proper infection control techniques during the medication administration process, including the incorporation of universal precautions when indicated.
7. Recognizing and adhering to the six (6) rights of medication administration.
8. Participating in data collection, medication audits, and other performance improvement activities related to medication administration.
9. Reporting any adverse patient medication reactions immediately to a supervisor.
10. Ensuring the medication cart remains clean and orderly.
11. Reordering and replacing medications and medication administration supplies, as needed, to perform routine job responsibilities.
12. Ensuring the confidentiality and rights of patients, the confidentiality of the health systems and department documents, and adhering to HIPAA Regulations.
13. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
14. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
15. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
16. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
17. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
18. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _ME, Charleston_
**Facility** _Mountain View Correctional Facility_
**Shift** _Variable Shift_
**Recruiter** _Nathan Suhaysik_