Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) *UP TO $20,000 EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE DOE*
Modesto, CA 95350
Date Acquired : 8/8/2019 7:59:44 PM
Date Updated : 11/2/2019 7:07:21 PM
The RN functions within the full scope of licensure to implement the nursing process. The RN will assess patient and family needs, develop a plan of care based on assessment, direct implementation of the plans of care for a group of patients, collaborate with the charge nurse and care team, and evaluate effectiveness of the care plan. Duties will include administration of medications, performing prescribed treatments, managing medical equipment, assisting with patient ADL (activities of daily living) including lifting, turning, and mobilizing patients.
The RN assures that physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual, cultural, and self-care needs of patients and families are addressed.
The RN actively participates in supporting and meeting the hospitals goals for patient satisfaction and national quality core measures.
The RN is evaluated based on the Benner model of clinical competence. This model recognizes the process of professional development, which moves from beginning understanding and application of nursing principles to expert practice acquired through experience and formal training. Five primary domains define nursing care at MMC: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. The evaluation is based on how the individual meets defined standards.
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
1. Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California **or** must obtain prior to commencement of employment.
2. Minimum of one (1) year recent experience (within the past five (5) years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility **or** successful completion of MMCs Clinical Nurse Resident (CNR) program, in departments where the CNR program is available.
3. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
4. Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
5. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
6. Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
7. Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system.
8. Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
9. Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
10. Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job (if MMC and/or own vehicle used on MMC business, must possess valid California Drivers License and upon request proof of liability insurance).
11. Must also meet department specific requirements for applicable department (See Department Specific Requirement below).
12. Physical & Mental Requirements: See attached Statement of Physical & Environmental Factors and A35 Mental Components.
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
2. National certification in area of specialty.
3. Greater than one (1) year of working experience in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity
**ICU 106010 CNR program is available in this department:**
1. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate.
2. Current Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) course completion **or** current Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) certification **or** must obtain within twelve (12) months of hire in ICU.
3. Current Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) certificate **or** current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate **or** must obtain either within 90-days of employment in ICU.
4. One (1) year recent experience in ICU with an acuity level similar to this facility (additional years of experience in a critical care setting of lower acuity will be considered)
At least two (2) years of recent experience in a Telemetry unit AND completion of AACN ECCO online course/program within six (6) months of hire in the ICU.
1. Current Critical Care RN (CCRN) certificate.
2. Current Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) certification.
3. Current Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certificate.
4. Proficiency with: PA pressure lines, Arterial lines and monitoring, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy, IntraAortic Balloon Pumps, Intracranial Pressure Monitoring and Ventriculostomies. Ability to assist with bedside procedures such as emergency resuscitation, chest tube insertion, central line and Swan Ganz insertion, tracheostomy, intubation.
**ICU 106010 CNR program is not available in this department**
**Rapid Response Critical Care Resource qualifications:**
**1.** **Greater than 3 years of recent nursing experience; 2 or more in intensive care nursing.**
**2.** **Demonstrated competency in intensive care nursing.**
**3.** **Demonstrated leadership skills**
**4.** **Unit specific certifications:** **BLS, ACLS, ENPC or PALS, TNCC.**
**1.** **Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing**
**2.** **Certification: CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse)**
**Organization:** Memorial Medical Center, Modesto
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Position Status:** Non-Exempt
**Job Shift:** Night
**Shift Hours:** 12 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Varied Days
**Weekend Requirements:** Other
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 72
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.