Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Date Acquired : 7/11/2019 9:02:44 PM
Date Updated : 8/19/2019 8:07:48 PM
**Description:** Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in **King of Prussia, PA** ?
**The coolest jobs on this planet or any other are with Lockheed Martin Space.**
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Be Part of a team working new technologies in the area of missile defense and Hypersonics. These include target discrimination, tracking, guidance and control (G&C), trajectory optimization, simulation, and operational software architectures for missile interceptor systems. Development of high-fidelity 6-degree-of-freedom simulations, trajectory design techniques, new guidance and control algorithms, time domain and frequency domain analysis tools, control system design, optimization tools and techniques, and operational software. Performing trade studies and collaborating across disciplines, programs, and Lockheed Martin business areas.
The Guidance, Navigation & Control Engineer will provide support to all GNC planning, requirements generation, software verification & validation activities, and pre and post-test support. Proven experience with Guidance, Navigation and Control/Flight Software GNC/FSW architectures and deployment in missile and reentry applications is highly desired.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martins competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
- Requires a BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in the requirements generation, design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of Navigation, Guidance & Control NG&C algorithms for missile and Hypersonics applications.
- Demonstrated experience using Matlab and Simulink for missile simulations, analysis of feedback control systems, closed loop guidance, or navigation algorithms.
- Experience developing flight vehicle NG&C architectures, and planning and conducting NG&C performance and simulation analysis
- Active DOD secret clearance
- Masters degree in a related discipline
- Experience with hypersonic and boost vehicle systems
- Experience with Hypersonics flight controls and guidance
- Experience with FORTRAN
- Experience with 6DOF vehicle motion simulation
- Experience with model based software development using Simulink (autocoding)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a teammate to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. Theyre dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martins vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.