Certified Medicine Aide (Full Time)
Albuquerque, NM 87190
Date Acquired : 7/12/2019 7:29:55 AM
Date Updated : 9/11/2019 12:54:19 AM
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide the administration of medicines based on current state regulations.
1. Receives report at the beginning of shift with nurses. Reports any observations concerning customer condition, emergency situations or difficulties with medications to the supervising nurse throughout shift should they occur;
2. Administers routine oral, topical and suppository medications as prescribed by the physician. Document same on MAR;
3. Administers prn medications as prescribed by the physician, as directed by the licensed nurse. Documents same on MAR;
4. Maintains medication supply, assists with ordering of new medications, reorders existing medications and restocks medicine carts as needed;
5. Recognizes the significance and is able to perform accurate vital sign monitoring when indicated by drug therapy;
6. Maintains current knowledge base regarding any medication he/she administers. Investigates/looks up unknown medications before administration;
7. Checks all first doses against physician order sheet; does not administer medication based on verbal order of nurse;
8. Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository medication as prescribed by physician;
9. Processes physician's orders to ensure proper administration;
10. Orders medications, as indicated by doctor's orders;
11. Participates in the completion of treatments of customers as directed by a Licensed Nurse;
12. Notes and reports any unusual conditions, emergency situations, or difficulties with medication to the Licensed Nurse;
13. Cleans medication treatment carts and medicine room;
14. Stocks medicine room;
15. Performs Certified Nursing Assistant duties as needed;
16. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
17. Performs other duties as requested.
18. Scheduled days are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A Certified Medicine Aide (C.M.A.) has the qualifications of a Certified Nursing Assistant with one year of experience in nursing and has completed a state-approved medicine course with a passing grade.
**Position Type:** Full Time
**Req ID:** 314563
**Center Name:** Sandia Ridge Center
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, Genesis) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.