Nurse Practitioner / Sacramento CA MEPS
Sacramento, CA 95816
Date Acquired : 11/29/2018 11:42:24 PM
Date Updated : 11/20/2019 8:59:29 AM
**CHENEGA TRI-SERVICES, LLC**
Company Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - MEPS
Chenega Job Title: Registered Nurse II, Specialist
SCA WD Labor Category: Registered Nurse II, Specialist #12313
Clearance: Background Check
Location: Sacramento, CA
Reports To: MEPS Program Manager
FLSA Status: Temporary, Non-Exempt, PRN
Prepared Date: 04/25/2018
Approved Date: 04/25/2018
**Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.**
_Summary:_ The **Nurse Practitioner** shall perform medical histories, physical examinations, and reviews of required medical tests and documentation pertaining to consultations and medical histories on applicants for the Armed Forces in accordance with USMEPCOM Regulation 40-1 and other applicable regular regulations.
_Essential Duties and Responsibilities:_ (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position):
* Perform medical histories, physical examinations, and reviews of required medical tests and documents pertaining to consultations and medical histories on applicants for the Armed Forces in accordance with USMEPCOM Regulation 40-1 and other applicable regular regulations.
* Arranging (but not performing) Medical consultations to include but not limited to orthopedics, psychiatry, ears, nose and throat specialty, dermatology, internal medicine and dental.
* Will accomplish the specified quantity and quality of work within the schedule and hours allotted herein.
* Will conduct a minimum of medical processes under the 4 points each hour calculation. For example, 4 male age 39 or under examinations, conducting 2 female age 39 or under examinations, conducting 2 males over age 40 inspections.
* Perform records review/consult reviews and results reviews.
* In the absence of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and if ACMO is not available, will serve as an FB-CMO shall provide medical/technical expertise in the MEPS medical section in conjunction and with the direction from the local MEPS Commander and Operations Officer.
* CMO will determine the type of work to be performed during the duty day; I.e. assigning of profiling/non-profiling duties, conducting physical examinations, reviewing medical pre-screened documentation.
* Abide by DoD, USMEPCOM, and other applicable instructions, regulations and policies.
* Will not provide any health care services beyond the scope of the physical examinations and reviews of required medical test and documents pertaining to consultations to medical histories, not shall they provide medical advice or recommendation. The only exceptions to provide on-site emergency stabilization and/ or treatment to the applicant until emergency medical service arrive.
* Will not conduct physical examinations and not give any advice to applicants regarding their Armed Forces choice of service.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned
_Minimum Qualifications_ : (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Must possess current unrestricted license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands and be privileged by the USMEPCOM Command Surgeon. All current and past state licenses shall be unencumbered.
* Graduate of a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited school of nursing (National League of Nursing) and a Master's or Doctoral Degree from a program accredited by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certificate Program (ANPCP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
* Possess a current certification of Basic Life Support Training from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross training for Healthcare Providers. This training must include a hands-on portion, and be recertified every two years. This certification shall be maintained throughout the performance period of the contract.
_Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:_
* Should be familiar computer skills necessary to access and update electronic applicant medical documentation, access and respond to e-mail communications, and use internet sites as required to obtain information on medical issues or gain information from organizations involved in accessing personnel into the Armed Forces.
* USMEPCOM Red Carpet Treatment of Applicants. USMEPCOM process applicants for entrance into the Armed Forces using a philosophy known as Red Carpet Treatment.
* Shall follow Local MEPS procedures.
* Comply with all installation policies and procedures, and comply with MEPS or processing facility policies and procedures regarding safety, smoking and eating area.
* Must complete Continuing Medical Education Credits as required.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
* Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
**Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.**
**Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity**
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
**Primary Location:** United States-California-Sacramento
**Organization:** Chenega Tri-Services,LLC
**Job Schedule:** Hourly Non-Exempt
**Recruiter:** Ronald Knight
**Req ID:** 1800004120