Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative - Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn, NY 11225
Date Acquired : 10/9/2019 4:53:42 PM
Date Updated : 11/19/2019 6:40:43 AM
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative opportunity in the Brooklyn, NY area.
Products promoted will be Mybetriq and XTANDI.
Purpose & Scope:
Achieve territory sales goals by promoting Astellas products and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatments and all other developments related to promoted products. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Effectively promote and educate Specialty physicians (such as Urologists, and ObGyns) on the use of Astellas' products through one-on-one meetings and group presentations, company-approved promotional speaker programs, and other company-approved means.
* Work 5 days in the field each week, supported by office time as needed for call planning, customer follow-up, preparing presentations, making appointments, report generation, etc.
* Ensure high performance levels of call and field productivity. Meet Call Plan expectations and achieve territory product sales goals while adhering to all APUS-defined ethical sales practices, Compliance guidelines, and required promotional regulations
* Execute company-approved Product Marketing plans and territory/regional business plan activities
* Support targeted customers using company-approved resources, sales materials, and promotional activities/programs/initiatives as identified by Sales Management
* Coordinate promotional efforts with peers across franchises and co-promotion alliance partners. This includes appropriately managing/maintaining all company equipment and company-approved promotional materials (e.g.., sales materials, company literature, product samples, etc.) according to defined company Compliance guidelines
* Achieve territory product sales goals while adhering to all APUS-defined ethical sales practices, Compliance guidelines, and required promotional regulations
* Ensure optimum territory sales strategy execution using annual territory business plan, regional business plan, and call activity reports
* Expected to accurately report/submit sales call activities, territory expenses and written reports and within deadline as defined by Astellas or the Regional Sales Manager
* Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management.
* Additional duties as needed
* This position is responsible for achieving both territory product sales goals and territory sales activity goals through company defined metrics
It is important for individual's in this position to actively pursue continuous learning and professional sales development on effective sales and communication techniques and product/therapeutic area knowledge
* Is a customer facing sales position
* Reports to Regional Sales Manager
* Maintains territory responsible for managing Astellas' specialty urology products
* Assumes lead role within primary care and specialty counterpart working relationships
* Balances territory and regional work and projects, while maintaining solid level of sales performance
* Exhibits strong level of skill in competencies
* Demonstrates sales influence within territory and often within region
* BA/BS degree
* 3+ years successful pharmaceutical selling experience
* Strong knowledge of sales processes and pharmaceutical products and industry
* Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
* Proactive; can do approach; takes ownership of situations
* Demonstrates problem solving ability; analytical; business acumen
* Solid motivational and persuasion skills
* Demonstrates team orientation
* Proven record of sustained high sales performance and achievement
* Proficient in MS Office Suite
* Ability to travel at least up to 50% of the time; and at times overnight travel
* Valid driver's license in good standing
* No criminal convictions resulting in suspension/revocation of driving privileges within the last 3 years
* 1+ year experience promoting specialty products and educating Specialty physicians (such as urologists, ob-gyns and dermatologists) on the use of the products
* Advanced degree or continued education
** Exact position title will be determined commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the incumbent
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled